Somali Clerics Issue Statement On Political Situation In The Country
The council of Somali Scholars have today issued a statement on the current political situation in the country. In a written letter that was shared with the media, the council:
- Suggested that the opposition should work towards development and correct where the government errs but not work towards the instability of the country.
- Warned against aggressive words and acts that can lead the country to go back to the things that have led to its collapse which were tribalism, oppression and selfishness.
- Suggested that the government should respect the rights and values of the citizens for there to be justice and people’s trust to come back.
- Suggested that illegal use of power which can lead to problems that cannot be solved should be avoided.
- Told all politicians to keep the country from foreign interference and protect its sovereignty.
- Told all the Somali citizens to retain their religion, government and their brotherhood and be careful against anything that can adversely affect their togetherness and lead to their division.